1891 Cotton Mills in Dukinfield
- Hoyle Thomas and Sons, Limited, Sandy Vale, Dukinfield; and Mayfield Print Works, Manchester; Manchester warehouse-l0, Parker-street
COTTON SPINNERS AND MANUFACTURERS
- Astley Mill Co, Limited, Dewsnap lane; 84,024 spindles, 320/388 twist, 36'/548 weft. Pay day second Thursday, by remittance ; Manchester Exchange-No. 7 arch. Telegrams, Astley Mill, Dukinfield."
- Bannerman Mills Co, Limited, Old Hall Mill; jeanettes, drills, velvets, shirtings and printers; and North End and Meadow Mills, Stalybridge. Pay day first Wednesday. Telephone No., 6. Jno. Wallwork, manager.
- Bow Mills Co, Crescent road; 20,000 spindles, 321/408 twist. Pay day third Wednesday, 10-80 to 12.Telegrams, "Bow Mills, Dukinfield."
- A. and N. Buckley, Oxford Road Mills; 50,000 spindles, 208/409 twist and weft; 900 looms, plain cloths, domestics, &c. Payday first Wednesday,10 to 12.30.
- John Chadwick and Co, Limited (and doublers), Tame Side Mill, Dukinfield; and Higham Fold Mills, Ashton; 120,000 spindles, 401/801, twist. Pay day first Wednesday. John Chatterton, sec.
- Cryer Brothers, Dukinfield Mill; 13,584 spindles,321/401 twist; and Lumb Mill, Droylsden. Pay day first Wednesday. Postal address, Ashton-under-Lyne.
- Dukinfield Hall Spinning Co., Limited, Dukinfield Hall Mill; 44,064 spindles, 321/408 twist, 401/528 weft; Manchester Exchange-Tuesdays and Fridays, No. 12 Pillar. Pay day second Wed., 2 to 5. E. Barlow, manager; Samuel Haughton, sec.
- Christian Koch and Co, Tame Valley Mill; 26,060 spindles, 61/321 twist. Pay day third Wednesday, 10 to 12-30.
- Christian Koch and Co, River Mill; 45,000 spindles, 208/501 twist. Pay day third Wed. Telegrams, "Koch, Dukinfield." Telephone, Manchester centre, No. 316.
- Christian Koch and Co, Tower Mill; 44,000 spindles, 201/501, twist; 5,000 twiner spindles, doubling two or more folds.
- Newton Moor Cotton Spinning Co, Limited, Victoria Mill, Dukinfield; and Albert Mills, Hyde Junction; 108,00 spindles, '14"/401, twist, 268/448 weft. William Sporle, secretary. Telegrams, " Victoria, Dukinfield."
- Old Mill Co, Tame Valley; 15,000 spindles, 808/100" weft. Pay day Monday after first Wednesday, 10-30 to 12-30; Manchester accounts, day following, at F. W. Popplewell & Sons, 87, Mosley street, between 11 and 12. P. Duffy, manager
- William Wood, (doubler), Stanley Wood Mill, Astley st; 3,000 spindles, 308/808. Accounts paid daily.
Sources of Information
Note: This information was scanned and therefore there may be errors due to that process.