Note: This is a sub-section of the 1905 Automobile Handbook
MOTOR UNION CORRESPONDENTS.
THE following is a list of the Honorary Correspondents of the Motor Union of Great Britain and Ireland, arranged in the order of the towns and districts in the various counties in which they act. Any member of the Union willing to act as Correspondent in any district in which no appointment has been made is requested to communicate with the Secretary to the Union:—
- F. Wilson, Esq., 5, St. Peter’s, Bedford.
- Lt.-Col. W. Waring, Hon. Sec., Berkshire A.C., Beenham Grange, Reading.
- Walter Bourke, Esq., Moneycrower, Maidenhead.
- J. V. Moinet, Esq., Hon. Sec., Reading A.C., 106, Hemdean-road, Caversham, Reading.
- S. W. Goodman, Esq., Bletchley-road, Fenny Stratford.
- P. H. Harvey, Esq., Hon. Sec., High Wycombe and District M.C., 15, High-street, High Wycombe.
- Oliver H. White, Esq., The Mount, Helsby.
- G. B. Cockburn, Esq., Lingdale Lodge, Birkenhead.
- C. E. Abbott, Esq., M.R.C.S., Roche, R.S.O., Cornwall.
- J. Todd, Esq., Mereside, Bromfield.
- C. J. Allin, Esq., Hon. Sec., Derby and District A.C., St. Albans, Friar Gate, Derby.
- G. M. May, Esq., Orchard Cottage, Brampton, Chesterfield.
- J. B. Marsden Smedley, Esq., J.P., Lea Green, near Matlock.
- M. J. Astle, Esq., Attewell, Draycott, near Derby.
- Ernest Gould, Esq., 4 and 5, Southernhay, Exeter.
- R. H. Lucy, Esq., F.R.C.S., 9, The Crescent, Plymouth.
- F. Briggs, Esq., Park Crescent, Torquay.
- Rev. Ernest D. Benison, Hon. Sec., Dorset A.C., Farrs, Wimborne.
- H. F. W. Farquharson, Esq., Eastbury Park, Blandford.
- Capt. H. S. Streatfeild, Chairman, County
of Durham A.A., Ryhope Office, Fawcett-street, Sunderland.
- J. E. Hodgkin, Esq., Hon. Sec., County Durham A.A., Shelleys, Darlington.
- F. Herbert, Esq., Hon. Dist. Sec., County of Durham A.A., Moseley House, Birtley, R.S.O., Co. Durham.
- C. C. Brown, Esq., Hon. Dist. Sec., County of Durham A.A., Woodlands, West Hartlepool.
- Dr. McHaffie, Hon. Dist. Sec., County of Durham A.A., Talbot House, Hudson- street, Tyne Dock, South Shields.
- J. Nattrass, Esq., Hon. Dist. Sec., County of Durham A.A., Dunottar-avenue, Eagles- cliffe, R.S.O., Co. Durham.
- J. W. Adamson, Esq., Hon. Dist. Sec., County of Durham A.A., 13, John-st., Sunderland.
- T. Clarkson, Esq., Jesmond, Southborough road, Chelmsford.
- H. Dare Bryan, Esq., Hon. Sec., Bristol and Gloucestershire A.C., 4, Unity-street, College Green, Bristol.
- A. Arthur Dale, Esq., Leckhampton, Cheltenham.
- F. A. K. Hounsell, Esq., Bournemouth and D.A.A., Town Hall-chambers, Bournemouth.
- Clement J. Hayden, Esq., Ben Veula, West Cliff-road, Bournemouth.
- Sidney Tebbutt, Esq., Bagenholt, Northlands-road, Southampton.
- Rev. A. C. Hervey, Colmer Rectory, Altom
- J. H. Knight, Esq., Barfield, Farnham.
- E. Powell King, Esq., Wainsford, Lymington.
- Wilfrid Groom, Esq., Hon. Sec., Herefordshire A.C., Wroxeter, Hereford.
- J. T. Hereford, Esq., Sufton Court, Hereford.
- W. Whittali, Esq., Hon. Sec., Hertfordshire A.C., 7, Whippendell-road, Watford.
- Noel B. Kenealy, Esq., The Lindens, Watford,. Herts.
- Rev. L. White-Atkins, Puttenham Rectory, Tring.
- Capt. J. B. Wroughton, Hertford.
- W. F. Pettigrew, Esq., M. Inst. C.E., Friar’s Dene, Abbey-road, Barrow-in-Furness.
- G. D. Walmsley, Esq., Hon. Sec.,. North-East Lancashire A.C., Limefield, Blackburn.
- H. C. Holden, Esq., 20, Maudsley-street, Bolton.
- Smith Lawson, Esq., Hon. Sec., Burnley and. District A.C., 5, Grimshaw-street, Burnley.
- William G. Garnett, Esq., 6, Church Brow, Clitheroe.
- Harold Smith, Esq., Netherheys, Colne.
- J. Hoyle Smith, Esq., Hon. Sec., Manchester A.C., Midland Hotel, Manchester.
- J. Walmsley, Esq., Guildhall-street, Preston.
- H. Bright, Esq., Oakenshaw, Whitworth, near Rochdale.
- J. Arnold Petrie, Esq., Lower Laith, Todmorden.
- G. E. Heyl-Dia, Esq., Birk Crag, Stretton,, near Warrington.
- Alan McAljnn, Esq., Hon. Sec., Leicestershire- A.C., 44, Cank-street, Leicester.
- H. A. Hamshaw, Esq., 37, Humberstone Gate, Leicester.
- R. Sutton Clifford, Junr., Esq., Baxter Gate,. Loughborough.
- Edw. Kennard, Esq., The Barn, Market Harborough. \
- E. Cragg, Esq., M.D., Hon. Sec., Lincolnshire-A.C., The Old Hall, Billingborough.
- J. W. Hancock Steil, Esq., M.B., Highfield,.. Colsterworth, Grantham.
- W. R. C. Speiicer, Esq., Royal Hotel,Grimsby. .
- G. J. Wilkinson, Esq., - 18, York-avenue, Lincoln.
- W. G. Gilpin, Esq., Brooke Lodge, Bourne.
- The Secretary to the Union, 16, Down-street. Piccadilly, London, W.
- W. L. Lorkin, Esq., Hon. Sec., Southern M.C., 31, Rhodesia-road, Clapham, S.W.
- Alfred Roberts, Esq., Hon. Sec., Blackheath A.C., “Madge]ands,” Beaconsfield-road. Blackheath, S.E.
- F. W. Baily, Esq., 94, Oakfield-road, Anerley, S E
- Albert Lindow, Esq., M.R.C.S., L.S.A. Wynyard House, Gallossen-road, Plumstead, S.E. (Telephone ; 283 Woolwich).
- W. Edward Weight, Esq., 65, Woodgrange road, Forest Gate, E.
- Alfred Ledger, Esq., Mayfield, Eltham-road. Lee, S.E.
- J. Lewis Loch, Esq., M.A., M.B., Hill House, Uxbridge.
J. Thompson Willows, Esq., Hon. Sec., S. Wales and Mon. A.C., Dumfries Place, Cardiff.
Douglas W. Graham, Esq., Hilston Park, Monmouth.
- W. W. R. Spelman, Esq., Hon. Sec., Norfolk A. and L.C., Bank Plain, Norwich.
- H. Chamberlain, Esq., 13, Queen-street, Great Yarmouth.
- Frank Morriss, Esq., King’s Lynn.
- W. W. R. Spelman, Esq., Hon. Sec., Norfolk . A. and L.C., Bank Plain, Norwich.
- Arthur F. Mulliner, Esq., Albion Lodge, Northampton.
- Duncan E. Campbell, Esq., 27 Pilgrim-street, Newcastle-on-Tyne.
- Booth Granger, Esq., Hon. Sec., Nottinghamshire A.C., 10, Wheeler-gate, Nottingham.
- O. L. Bickford, Esq., Hon. Sec., Oxford and District A.C., 297, Iffley-road, Oxford.
- H. S. T. Biscoe, Esq., Holton Park, Oxford.
- B. Head, Esq., Ellesmere.
- J. Roberts Greatorex, Esq., Mytton Hall, near Shrewsbury.
- A. Armitage, Esq., Hon. Sec., Somerset A.C., Hay grass, Taunton.
- Henry G. Terry, Esq., M.R.C.S., F.R.C.S. 2, Gay-street, Bath.
- Stanley Austin, Esq., Glastonbury Abbey, Glastonbury.
- A. Armitage, Esq., Hon. Sec., Somerset A.C., Haygrass, Taunton.
- Capt. W. Donne, South Court, Castle Cary. * C. H. Dawe, Esq., Mendip Villa, St. Paul’s- road, Weston-super-Mare.
- F. Huntbach, Esq., Hayesleigh, Alsager, Stoke-on-Trent.
- L. Parry Mell, Esq., Aimwood, Newton road, Burton-on-Trent.
- G. H. Jones, Esq., Talbot House, Lichfield.
- F. A. Bolton, Esq,, J.P., Moor Court, Oakamoor, Stoke-on-Trent.
- C. K. Moseley, Esq., Hon. Sec., Eastern Counties A.C., 14, Northgate - street, Ipswich.
- L. J. Hunter, Esq., Hon. Sec., Bury and W. Suffolk A.C., 56, Whiting-street. Bury St. Edmunds.
- M. Brooke, Esq., Naerodal, N. Lowestoft.
- D. J. Barry, Esq., Hon. Sec., East Surrey A.C., High-street, Reigate.
- R. W. Buttemer, Esq., Hon. Sec., West Surrey A.C., St. Mary’s, Godalming.
- Montague Jones, Esq., Homewood, Haling Park, Croydon.
- G. T. Langridge, Esq., Foxlea, Epsom.
- D. J. Barry, Esq., High-street, Beigate.
- R. Hannen, Esq., 55, Sheen-road, Richmond.
- M. F. Mieville, Esq., Sec., Sussex County
A.C., Summersdale, Chichester.
Boyle Lawrence, Esq., Barn Rocks, Aidwick, Bognor.
- H. S. W. Eyre, Esq., 3 & 4, Grosvenor-gardens, St. Leonards.
- A. Scrase-Dickins, Esq., Newells Cottage, Horsham.
- E. H. Warne, Esq., Warne’s Hotel, Worthing.
- A. G. Johnson, Esq., Hon. Sec., Midland A.C., Grand Hotel, Birmingham.
- A. A. Hickman, Esq., Caer Gyb, 2, Landsdowne-place. Warwick-road, Coventry.
- Gordon L. Bland, Esq., Ince House, Leamington Spa.
- Leslie Phillips, Esq., M.D., ’20, Avenue-road, Leamington Spa.
- C. P. Wilson, Esq., Hon. Sec., Yorkshire A.C., 5, Park-row, Leeds.
- G. R. Cartmel, Esq., Hon. Sec., Halifax A.C., Somerset House, Halifax.
- Will C. Priestley, Esq., Hon. Sec., Harrogate and District A.C., Jesmond Dene, Tewit ' ? Park, Harrogate.
- E. Gordon Learoyd, Esq., Hon. Sec., Yorkshire A.C. (Huddersfield Branch), 5, Buxton-road, Huddersfield.
- G. W. T. Wade, Esq., Kirk Ella Hall, Hull.
- C. P. Wilson, Esq., Hon. Sec., Yorkshire A.C., 5, Park-row, Leeds.
- J. H. Pease, Esq., Woodside, Darlington.
- J. H. Pickford, Esq., 6, Westgate, Rotherham.
- F. B. Cawood, Esq., Hon. Sec., Sheffield and District A.C., 68 Eyre-street, Sheffield.
- H. R. Davies
- J. H. Burton
- H. R. Davies, Esq., Hon. Sec., Anglesey and Carnarvonshire A.C., Treborth, Bangor.
- A. Clevere Slater, Esq., Hafod, Llandudno.
- C. W. Richards, Esq., The Bungalow, Llangollen.
- J. Thompson Willows, Esq., Hon. Sec., S. Wales & Mon. A.C., Dumfries-place, Cardiff.
- leuan G. Thomas, Esq., M.B., C.M., Ty Clyn,. Hirwain.
ISLE OF WIGHT.
- A. H. P. Clarke, Esq., Hon. Sec., Isle of Wight Motorists’ Association, Woodside, Ryde.
- Robert J. Smith, Esq., C.A., Hon. Sec., Scottish A.C., 59, St. Vincent-st., Glasgow.
- G. Macmillan, Esq., 93, George-st., Edinburgh.
- E. White, Esq., Hon. Sec. Irish A.C., 16 Molesworth-street, Dublin.
G. Grey, Esq., Hon. Sec., Motor Cycle Union (of Ireland), 15, Marlborough-road, Donnybrook, Dublin.
- C. MacLellan, Esq., 22, Cloovey-terrace, Waterside, Londonderry.
Sources of Information