1953 British Industries Fair: Companies D
Note: This is a sub-section of the 1953 British Industries Fair
Held 27th April - 8th May at Olympia and Earl's Court
- Dailley and Co, Ltd. Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand 0.54 House Of Deeko, Northumberland Park, London, N.17. Teleph. : Tottenham 3781—4. Cables: “ Dailleys, Norphone, London.”—Manufacturers Of “ Deeko ” Laced Paper Doyleys ; White, Floral, Tinted Serviettes ; Baking Case.S ; Laced, Embossed, Pleated, Moulded, Paper and Cardboard Articles For Service and Decoration Of Food.
- Dale Textiles, Ltd. Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand R.430 1, Henry Street, Bolton. Teleph. : Bolton 1647.—Manufacturers Of Floor Cloths, Stockinette Sheets, Sponge Cloths, Ironing Pads, Pillow Cases, Knitted Dusters, Oven Gloves, Cotton Blankets, Chamois Dusters, Tea Cosies, Aprons, Mops, Shopping Bags.
- H. F. Daltrey and Co, Ltd. Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand M.77 Wagner Street, London, S.E.15. Teleph. : New Cross 4010. Cables: “ Ebontree, London.” London Showrooms : 3-4, Gamage Buildings, Holbom Circus, E.C.L. Teleph. : Holborn 0128.—Manufacturers Of Ladies’ Chromium, Gilt and Filigree Brush Sets, Trinket Sets, Manicure Sets, Men’s Travel Sets.
- W. Danemanan and Co, Ltd. Olympia, Ground Floor, Stands K.6 and K.7 6-Unorthampton Street, Essex Road, London, N.I.—Teleph. : Canonbury 6841- 3. Cables ; “ Danemann, London.”—Manufacturers Of Grand and Up: .Gh: Pianoforte Including Concert Grands. Specialising In School Pi; : Of Contemporary Design. Pianos Specially Made For Tropical Clip; I'es. Grands Supplied For Broadcasting.
- Daniel Manufacturing Co. (Silversmiths), Ltd. Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand L.312 46, Hockley Hill, Birmingham, 18. Teleph.: Birmingham, Northern 2967-8. Cables ; “ Suplate, Birmingham.”—Manufacturers Of Toilet Brush Sets In Silver, Real Enamel and Petit Point. Also Dressing Table Accessories.
- J. and R. Darracott, Ltd. Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand 0.9 454-8, Grand Buildings, Trafalgar Square, London, W.C.2. Teleph. : Whitehall 9228-9. Cables : “ Darostamp, Rand, London.”-—Manufacturers Of “ Collection Builder ” Carded Packets Of Stamps. Also “ Golden Arrow ” “Collection Builder,” “Comet” Illustrated Stamp Albums.
- Dartmouth Pottery, Ltd. Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand C.16 Dartmouth, Devon. Teleph. : Dartmouth 318.—Manufacturers Of Devon Cottage Ware With Dialect, Mottoes and Sayings. Also Teaware In Plain Colours. Many Fancies Such As Tobies and Sporting Beer Tankards.
- Davidson, Geo., and Co, Ltd. Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand C.6 Teams Glass Works, Gateshead, 8. Teleph. : Gateshead, Dunston 84263-4. Cables: “Davidson, Gateshead.” Showrooms: 118, Newgate Street, London, E.C.L.—Manufacturers Of Pressed Domestic, Industrial and Lighting Glassware, Including “ Chippendale ” and “ Davidson ” Glassware.
- Davies, Jenkins and Co, Ltd. Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand R.115 Howardtown Mills, Glossop, Derbyshire. Teleph. : Glossop 22. Cables : “ Davijenko, Manchester.” London Office : St. George’s House, 61-65, Conduit Street, W.L. Teleph. : Grosvenor 7010.—Manufacturers Of “ Two Cities ” Fabrics, Spun Rayon, Filament Rayon and Cotton Piece Goods.
- Davies Steel Specialists, ... Kingswood Estate, Pembroke Dock. Teleph. ; Pembroke Dock 135. Cables : “ Skateco, Pembroke.”—Manufacturers Of Davies Double Ball Bearing Roller Skates, Tubular Ice Hockey and Other Models Of Ice Skates. Every Pair Guaranteed Against Defective Material Or Workmanship.
- Davis, Saml., and Sons, Ltd. Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stands R.805 and R.915 New Buildings, Hinckley, Leics. Teleph. : Hinckley 53-4. Cables: “ Davis, Hinckley.”—Manufacturers Of “ Peek-A-Boo ” and “ Radium ” Knitted and Woven Underwear, Outerwear, Swimwear, Pram Rugs, Dressing Gowns, Socks, Ankle Sox, I-Hose For Men, Women and Children. Sportswear Specialists.
- Dawn Trust Films Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand B.8a Aylesbury, Bucks. Teleph.; Aylesbury 1234. Cables: “ Dawntrust, Aylesbury.”—Producers Of 35mm. Educational and Religious Filmstrips. 16 Mm. Sound and Silent Films. Film Hire Library Operating In The United Kingdom. Filmstrips and Films Available For Export.
- Dawson, Payne and Elliott, Ltd. Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand G.53 Atlas Works, Otley, Yorkshire. Teleph. : Otley 2275. Cables : “ Wharfe- Dale, Otley.” London Office: Dawson, Payne and Lockett, Limited, St. Bride’s House, Salisbury Square, E.C.4.—Manufacturers Of Automatic Feeders, Guillotines, Letterpress Machinery, Newspaper Presses, Tin Printing and Allied Machines.
- Daylin Menswear, Ltd. Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand R.414 631, London Road, Westcliff-On-Sea, Essex. Teleph. : Southend 46257.— Manufacturers Of Men’s and Boys’ Shirts, Including The New “ Daytwin ” Double Collar Attached Shirt. See Advt. Page 176
- Dean and Son, Ltd. Olympia, 3rd Floor, Stand Q.62 41-43, Lugdate Hiu, London, E.C.4. Teleph. : Central 4674. Cables : “ Housofdeen, London.”—Publishers “ Mickey Mouse,” “ Lucie Attwell,” “ Bobby Bear’s Annuals,” “ Monster,” “ Ideal ” and “ Walt Disney ” Books. Children’s Picture, Painting and Cut-Out Story Books Of All Types.
- Dean's Rag Book Co, Ltd. Olympia, 3rd Floor, Stand Q.83 61, High Path, Merton, London, S.W. 19. Teleph. : Liberty 2244. Cables : “ Aywuntoys, Souphone, London.”—Manufacturers, Producers and Publishers Of Dean’s Washable Rag Books and Children’s Books. Soft Toys and Character Dolls. Plush Animals On and Off Wheels. Glove Puppets, Zoo Toys, Play Balls.
- R. Dell and Co. Olympia, 3rd Floor, Stand Q.70 45-51, St. Matthews Row, London, E.2. Teleph. ; Bishopsgate 4541. Cables: “ Bishopsgate 4541.”—Manufacturers Of Carnival Hats and Novelties, Masks, Trumpets, Garlands, Streamers, Flags and Decorations For The Coronation.
- H. R. Denne, H. R. Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand R.509 30, Whitepost Lane, London, E.9. Teleph. : Amherst 5998.—Manufacturer Of Plastic Collars, Cuffs, Belts, Etc. For The Clerical, Nurse and Lay Users. These Articles Need No Laundering and Manufactured In Usual Styles and Sizes.
- Dennison Manufacturing Co, Ltd. Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand 0.51 Minerva Road, Park Royal, London, N.W.Io. Teleph. : Elgar 4111. Cables : “ Tagservis, London.”—Manufacturers Of Dennison, Duplex, Rainbow and Printed “ C ” Crepes, Despatch Tags, Serviettes, Fancy Wrapping Papers, Tying Ribbons, Drinking Straws, Passe-Partout Binding, Denardo Ink Eradicator, Stationers’ Sundries. See Advt. Page 156
- Dennison Watch Case Co, Ltd. Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand L.507 Handsworth, Birmingham, 19. Teleph. : Birmingham, Northern 4545. Cables ; “ Dennison, Birmingham.” London Office : 26, Holborn Viaduct, E.C.L. Teleph. ; Central 6454.—Manufacturers Of Watch Cases In Gold, Rolled Gold, Silver, Nickel and Steel.
- Dent, Allcroft and Co, Ltd. Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand R.417 17-19, Stratford Place, Oxford Street, London, W.L. Teleph. : Mayfair 6581. Cables : “ Dentco, London.”—Manufacturers Of “ Dent’s ” Gloves, In All Fashionable Styles In Leather, Fur and Fabrics. Also Gazelda and Mazurka Suede Clothing and Corded Velveteen Jackets.
- Devon Leathercrafts. Ltd. Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand N.2 Newton Abbot, South Devon. Teleph. : Newton Abbot 262. Cables : “ Leather, Newton Abbot.”—Manufacturers Of Small Gift Articles, Address and Note Books, Bookmarks, Purses, Key, Comb and File, Letter and Banknote, Pencil, Snapshot and Leather Writing Cases, Tobacco Pouches.
- Dickinson, John, and Co, Ltd. Olympia, 1st Floor, Stands 0.26 and 0.33 Dickinson House, 30-38, New Bridge Street, London, E.C.4. Teleph. ; City 5775. Cables : “ Commiles, London.”—Manufacturers Of Paper, Boards, Envelopes, Account Books, Systems, Continuous Stationery, Cards, Tags, Labels, Seals, Gummed Tapes, Stationery, Toilet Rolls, Packing Supplies, Transparent Boxes, Karriers, Albums, Mounts. See Advt. Page 23
- Diram Co, Ltd. Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand L.Lol 2, Gerrard Place, London, W.L. Teleph. ; Gerrard 6670. Cables: “ Diramico, London.”—Manufacturers Of Imitation Jewellery.
- Distaff Fabrics, Limited (A Branch Of Fine Spinners and Doublers]], Ltd.) Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stands R.209 and R.316 Robin Hood Mill No. 2, Lever Street, Bolton, Lancs. Teleph. : Bolton 501. Cables ; “ Robihood, Bolton.”—Manufacturers Of “ Distaff ” Branded Qualities : Warpknitted Nylon Tricots ; Nylon/Rayon Shirtings ; Rayon Suitings and Gaberdines ; Cotton Poplins, Dress Fabrics, Drills, Sheets, Pillowcases and Household Textiles.
- Distillers Co, Ltd., The Olympia, Ground Floor, Stands D.7 and D.12 21, St. James’s Square, London, S.W.L. Teleph. ; Whitehall 1040. Cables : “ Fermenter, London.”—Manufacturers Of Industrial Alcohol, Methylated Spirits; Solvents, Plasticisers, Intermediates, Carbon Dioxide; Plastics Raw Materials ; Magnesium and Magnesium Alloys ; Yeast and Malt Products ; Antibiotics and Other Biochemicals. See Advt. Inside Back Cover
- Distillers Co, Ltd., The Earls Court, 1st Floor, Slands S.4 and S.5 8, 10, 12, Torphichen Street, Edinburgh, 3. Teleph. : Edinburgh 25071 Cables; “Distillers, Edinburgh.” 21, St. James’s Square, London, S.W.L. Teleph. : Whitehall 1040.—Distillers and Blenders and Bottlers Of Finest Scotch Whiskies : “ Black and White,” “ Haig,” “ Johnnie Walker,” “ White Horse,” “ White Label,” “ Vat 69.”
- Distillers Co. (Biochemicals) Limited, The Olympia, Ground Floor, Stands D.7 and 0.12 Fleming Road, Speke, Liverpool, 19. Teleph.: Liverpool, Hunts ' . Oss 1271. Cables: “ Penspek, Liverpool.”—Manufacturers Of Penicillin (Including “ Distaquaine ” Brand Preparations). Streptomycin Dc(B)L, Dihydrostreptomycin Dc(B)L, “ Distivit ” B 12 Brand, Vitamin B 12 and “ Distafcid ” Brand Animal Feed Supplements. See Advt. Inside Back Cover
- Distillers Co. Limited (Industrial Alcohol Department), The Olympia, Ground Floor, Stands D.7 and D.J2 21, St. James’s Square, London, S.W;1. Teleph.: Whitehall 1040. Cables: “ Fermenter, Piccy, London.”—Manufacturers Of All Grades Plain Britiili Spirit, Including Ethyl Alcohol, Absolute Alcohol, Special High Strength Absolute Alcohol, Re-Rectified Absolute Alcohol, Double-Rectified Alcoh J (S.V.R.), P.L. Rectified Alcohol. See Advt. Inside Back Cover
- Distillers Co. Limited (Yeast and Malt Extract Department), The Olympia, Ground Floor, Stands D.7 and D.12 8,10 and 12, Torphichen Street, Edinburgh, 3. Teleph.: Edinburgh Fountainbridge 2468. Cables : “ Distillers, Edinburgh.”—Manufacturers Of Vitamin Bl Yeast Tablets, Dried Yeast B.P.C. and Tablets, Malt Extract With Cod Liver Oil, B.P. Liquid Malt Extract, B.P.C. and Compounded Malt Products. See Advt. Inside Back Cover
- Dixon and Gaunt, Ltd. Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand R.313 East Street, Leeds, 9. Teleph.: Leeds 30376-7. Cables : “ Noxid, Leeds.” and Grafton House, Golden Square, London, W.L. Teleph. : Gerrard 4017. ?—Manufacturers Of “ 84 ” Grade Tailoring, Fine Quality Men’s Ready To Wear Outer Clothing, Also “ Dixon ” Weatherwear ~
- Dobsons and M. Browne and Co, Ltd., Earls Court, Ground Floor, “ Delbeta ” House, Queen’s Road, Nottingham. 88261. Cables: “Brun, Nottingham.”—Manufacturers Of Lace Furnishings, Rayon Brocades, Furnishing Prints and Table Napery. See Advt. Page 177
- Dohm Group Of Companies, Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand D.29 167, Victoria Street, London, S.W.L. Teleph. ; Victoria 1414-5-6.— Manufacturers Of Flexiskin For Thermo-Plastic Protection, Vermiculite For Lightweight Building and Insulation. Pulverising Of Raw Materials, High Vacuum Coating Of Metals On Plastics, Glass, Etc.
- Dohm, Limited Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand D.29 167, Victoria Street, London, S.W.L. Teleph. : Victoria 1414. Cables: “ Dohms, London.”— Crushirig, Grinding, Mixing, Drying Of All Raw Materials. Supplies Of Ceramic, Abrasives, Metal Powders, Also Chemicals, Vermiculite, Colours, Powders and Body, Plastics.
- A. and J. Donaldson, Ltd. Olympia, 2nd Floor, Stand Q.14 8, Craigpark, Glasgow, E.L, Teleph. : Glasgow, Bridgeton 5324.—Manufacturers Of “ Walt Disney ” and “ Fairyland ” Children’s Scraps and Scrap Collectors’ Outfits ; Mickey Mouse “ Bingo ” and Puppet Football Games ; Cardboard Puppets ; “ Royal,” “ Disney ” and “ Fairyland ” Albums.
- T. S. Donne and Sons, Ltd. Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand Z.19 Higher Flax Mills, Castle Cary, Somerset. Teleph.: Castle Cary 203 and ' 311. Cables: “Donnes Limited, Castle Cary.” London Office: 74a, Regent Street, W.L. (Eric Reeve, London Representative.)—Manufacturers Of Threads, Mattress Twines, Cordage, Chair Webbings, Bindings, Tufting Loops, “ Somerset’’’stools, “Cary” Chairs.
- Dorset Light Industries, Ltd. Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand M.13 East Street, Bridport, Dorset. Teleph.: Bridport 608-9. Cables: “ Engineering, Bridport.”—Manufacturers Of D.L.I. Funtless Table Lighters. Latest Model Though Smaller Contains Twelve Times Amount Of Fuel Than Previously.
- Drapers Record Ltd., The, and The Men’s Wear Publishing Co]], Ltd. Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand R.309 229-231,Highholbom,London,W.C, 1. Teleph. : Chancery6291. Cables: “ Dracord, Holb, London.”—Publishers Of “ The Drapers’ Record,” Weekly Trade Journal, “ Men’s Wear,” Weekly Trade Journal, “ British Textiles ” (Incorporating “ Men’s Clothes ”), Overseas Trade Journal.
- J. Dring, Ltd. Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand 0.35 The Airport, Portsmouth, Hants. Teleph.: Portsmouth 74448. Cables: “ Carton, Portsmouth.”—Manufacturers Of Rigid and Folding Boxes, Cartons, Tubes, Display Boxes, Showcards, Cut-Outs, Brochures, Catalogues, Leaflets, Etc. Cardboard Packaging and Printing Specialists. Letterpress, Offset Litho, and Photogravure.
- Dunlop Clothing and Weatherproofs, Ltd. Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stands R.519 and R.626 Bridport Road, Edmonton, London, N.18. Teleph.: Tottenham 1010. Cables : “ Drylop, London.”—Manufacturers Of Men’s Raincoats In Poplin and Gabardine ; Sportswear, Overcoats, 2-Piece Suits, Waterproofs, Golfwear. Women’s Rainwear In Gabardine, Silicone Rayon and Rubberised Fabrics ; Golfwear.
- Dunlop Special Products Ltd. (Plastics Division) Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand X.1 Fort Dunlop, Erdington, Birmingham, 24. Teleph. : Birmingham, Erding- Ton 2121. Cables: “Dunlops, Birmingham.”—Manufacturers Of Duvina P.V.C. Sheeting, Plain and Printed, All Gauges, For Curtaining and Other Domestic Uses, and Rainwear, Dulon Embossed and Supported Sheet For General Upholstery.
- Duraplex (Plastics), Ltd. Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand X.5 Burwood House, 14,. Caxtoji Street, London, S.W.L. .Teleph.: Abbey 1744-6. Cables: “ Polyvyn, London.” Works: Slateford, Edinburgh. Manufacturers Of Plastic Sheeting (P.V.C.), P.V.C. Extrusions, P.V.C. Leather Cloth.
- “Dyer, Textile Printer, Bleacher and Finisher”
Sources of Information