Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,100 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Cardiff, Colliery proprietors
c.1873 The company sank a pit in the Rhondda Fach which became Tylorstown Collieries
1881 Dissolution of the Partnership which has for some time past been carried on by Alfred Tylor, William Henry Tylor, Joseph John Tylor, and William Alfred Tylor, under the firm of A. Tylor and Co., at 123, Bute-street, Cardiff, and 5, East India-avenue, London, in the trade or business of Colliery Proprietors. The business was carried on under the same firm by Alfred Tylor, William Henry Tylor, and Joseph John Tylor, in conjunction with Louis Tylor, of Cardiff, and Herbert Kirkhouse of Tylorstown..
1894 At an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Members of A. Tylor and Company Limited, it was decided that "Whereas pursuant to an agreement bearing date the 30th of September, 1893, and made between the Company of the one part and D. Davis and Sons Limited of the other part, the leasehold properties of the Company and goodwill of the business and the undertaking of the Company generally, has been sold and assigned to D. Davis and Sons Limited, and, for the purposes of the division of the surplus assets amongst the Shareholders of the Company, it is necessary that the affairs of the Company should be liquidated." Louis Tylor, of Cardiff, one of the Directors of the Company, was appointed Liquidator.