Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,487 pages of information and 233,925 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1936 D. and C. Stevenson was reformed as A. and C. Stevenson, at 90A George Street, Edinburgh. The new firm's workload was much reduced, relying principally on the family's commission as joint engineers to the Clyde Lighthouses Trust.
1940 Charles Stevenson retired, after which (David) Alan Stevenson continued to act solely as the Trust's engineer.
1952 Alan retired - this marked the end of nearly a century and a half of continuous service by Stevenson engineers to the Trust.