Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,894 pages of information and 228,796 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Abertillery, Monmouthshire (now Gwent), Wales
1846 The Abertillery Tinplate Company was started in 1846 by a J. Pearce who remained there until 1869.
1869 The works ceased trading.
The works was then taken over by a Captain P. S. Phillips, who remained in possession until 1896.
In 1899 the works was registered as the Glan Ebbw Steel Sheet, Galvanising and Tinplate Co Ltd, the directors were C. Saunders, A. Tilney, and Jonathan A. Davies.
In 1914 it was registered as the Abertillery Works Ltd.
1937 British Industries Fair Advert for Welsh Tinplate Works. (Engineering/Metals/Quarry, Roads and Mining/Transport Section - Stand No. D.328).