Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)
- Joseph Adshead produced 24 detailed maps of central Manchester, to a scale of 80 inches to 1 ft. The set was entitled 'Adshead's Twenty Four Illustrated Maps of the Township of Manchester, Divided into Municipal Wards, corrected to the 1st May 1851'.
- Although the amount of detail and the accuracy of scaling of the original maps do not match the exemplary 60-inch to 1 mile Ordnance Survey maps of 1848 & 1849, they do contain additional information of use to researchers, in particular the names of the owners of mills, foundries, etc.
- The maps have recently been scanned at high resolution, and made available on CD from the Digital Archives Association 
- Other high quality digital versions of old maps are available from the Digital Archives Association, including the Goad's Insurance Plans
- Note: Grace's Guide has no connection with the Digital Archives Association. Comments made here are based on experience using these maps in preparation of entries for the Guide.
Sources of Information
- ↑  Digital Archives homepage