Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,747 pages of information and 232,260 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1929 Home and Colonial Stores formed Allied Suppliers as a purchasing company for various tea interests; it acquired the tea blending and packing interests of Home and Colonial Stores, Lipton, Maypole Dairy Co, Meadow Dairy Co and Pearks Dairies and would carry on business as warehousemen and provision merchants
1930 Allied Stores was registered to acquire Home and Colonial Stores, Meadow Dairy Co, Maypole Dairy Co, Pearks Dairies and the International Tea Company's Stores and also shares of Lipton Ltd but the merger fell through.
By WWII Allied Suppliers traded through its subsidiaries Liptons Stores, Home and Colonial, Meadow and Pearks, Maypole, Frosts, Cochranes, Masseys, Templetons, Duncans, Hadrians, Williams, Broughs, a total of 3613 stores.
1941 Allied Suppliers had been using a factory in Rouel Road (Bermondsey?) which was bombed. The decision was to find somewhere "safer" to supply products to its many stores. So Allied Suppliers bought T. W. Beach and Sons with factory in Hanworth from its founders.
1972 Acquired by Cavenham Foods
1982 Argyll Foods acquired Allied's