Austin Lighting Co
Built single and twin cylinder engines for lighting sets - presumably there was a connection with Austin Electric Co but not sure what it was.
1925 BTH and other companies and individuals became largely interested in a new company, the Austin Lighting Co, formed to take an active role in rural electrification. Licence to manufacture a carburettor by H. Austin and Mr J.C. Haecfeli to Austin Lighting Co. Ltd.
1927 The company was wound up
The company was taken over by Chance Brothers
1929 Austin lighting Co. Ltd was moved to the Spon Lane site in Smethwick.
Around this time the name was changed to Austinlite
Sources of Information
- The Times, 29 May 1925
- National Archives 
- London Gazette 6 December 1927
- A-Z of British Stationary Engines by Patrick Knight. Published 1996. ISBN 1 873098 37 5