Back o' th' Bank Power Station
1894 Bolton Borough opened Spa Road Station
By early 1900s Spa Road was unable to cope with demand.
1914 Back o' th' Bank Power Station was opened to meet the increasing demand
Back o’ th’ Bank was extended several times during the 1920s and 1930s.
Sources of Information
- Power Stations in Greater Manchester