Bank of Liverpool and Martins
1831 Bank of Liverpool was established
1832 Bank of Liverpool Ltd incorporated
1918 Martin's Private Bank (which had been established in 1563) had its head office at 68, Lombard Street. Fourteen branches were located around London and the Kent border. Martin's Private Bank was acquired by the Bank of Liverpool and renamed Bank of Liverpool and Martins.
Upon the merger of Martin's Private Bank with the Bank of Liverpool in 1918 the Head Office was immediately moved to 7 Water Street, Liverpool
1920 Acquired Halifax Commercial Banking Co Ltd
1923 Acquired Cattle Trade Bank Ltd of Birkenhead
1925 Acquired E. Reed and Sons Ltd of Liverpool
1927 Acquired Equitable Bank Ltd of Halifax
1932 A new Head Office was opened at 4 Water Street.
Sources of Information
-  Barclays heritage