Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,180 pages of information and 233,419 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1885 First opened. The building was designed by Yeoville Thomason. The metalwork for the new building (and adjoining Council House) was by the Birmingham firm of Hart, Son, Peard and Co. and extended to both the interior and exterior including the distinctive cast-iron columns in the main gallery space for the display of decorative art.
See Museum web site]