Blackwall Point Power Station
1900 Power station built by Blackheath and Greenwich Electric Light Co on the Greenwich Peninsula, on the site of the East Greenwich tide mill.
At some point became part of the South Metropolitan Electric Light and Power Co
1947 The station closed; final capacity 15 MW.
1952 The replacement station opened; this was the first London power station designed to be fired exclusively with pulverised coal. The station was equipped with three English Electric Co 30 MW turbine-alternators generating at 11 kV. Steam was supplied by three coal-fired Babcock and Wilcox boilers, with condenser cooling water taken from the river. Steam pressure and temperature at the turbine stop valves was 600 psi (41.4 bar) and 454°C. The first TA was commissioned in the summer of 1951, subsequent sets coming into use by the spring of 1952. 
Sources of Information
- The Times Mar 17, 1948
-  Wikipedia
- Wikipedia