Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,114 pages of information and 233,645 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
c.1920 Association established
1924 The annual dinner was reminded that the Association had been established with a 5-year government grant and did not know whether it would be renewed; work was mainly on insulators and switches
1926 President: Mr. Llewelyn Birchall Atkinson.
1926 The government would meet half of the Association's costs that year, reducing gradually over the following 5 years to a fraction of that amount
1926 After October 30th the offices were removed from 19, Tothill-street, Westminster, to 36 and 38, Kingsway, London, W.C.2. 
1935 Auxiliary laboratory at Perivale opened by the Duke of York, to supplement the research services that the Electrical Research Association provides from its headquarters with government support in the interests of the electrical industry and the community
1955 The last mention of the Association by its full name in The Times