Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,386 pages of information and 233,857 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Bournemouth (1911)
of 63 Victoria Street, Bristol
1905 The company was registered on 30 November, to take over the goodwill of the Automatic Light Controlling Co, including the entire British, foreign and colonial patents and rights in respect of John Gunning's inventions, "for lighting and extinguishing all descriptions of gas lamps at a predetermined time or predetermined times, and for improvements in apparatus for opening and closing electric circuits at predetermined times." 
1906 Automatic Light Controlling Co was voluntarily wound up; John Gunning, engineer, 100 Holdenhurst Road was appointed liquidator.
1911 The Board of Trade approved time controllers for electric lights based on the company's approved design
1934 Patent with John Robert White Gunning on apparatus for opening and closing taps at predetermined times.
1939 Reduction of capital
By 1953 Owned by Suchy Holdings. Maker of time switches, clockwork and electric controllers, and aircraft oxygen regulators and equipment.
By 1964 the name seems to have been shortened to Automatic Light Controlling Co; the registered office was still 100 Holdenhurst Road when the company applied for a winding up order on Fume-O-Dor Ltd