British Road Services
The Company was established in 1948 as British Road Services (BRS).
It was the British road transport company formed by the nationalisation of Britain's road haulage industry, under the British Transport Commission, as a result of the Transport Act 1947.
It inherited operations from the Transport Holding Co
1969 it was renamed the National Freight Corporation.
1973 British Road Services Group BRS Head Office, Northway House, High Road, Whetstone, London. (1973).