Burchfield and Son
of 1 & 8 West Smithfield, London
Agricultural Implement and weighing scale makers.
1819 Thomas Burchfield, scale-maker, West Smithfield.
1850. Mentioned. 'Weighing machine exhibited at the stands of Burchfield and Son, of Smithfield'
1851 Death of Thomas Burchfield. '... Decree of the High Court of Chancery, made in a cause of Charles Jones, plaintiff, v. Samuel John Burchfield and William Burchfield, defendants, the creditors of Thomas Burchfield, of Church-street, Stoke Newington, in the county of Middlesex, Esquire, and of West Smithfield, in the city of London, Scale Maker, deceased, who died on or about the 5th day of November, 1851...'
1861 Advertisement. 'Burchfield and son (Established 1800), Manufacturers of AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENTS, SCALES, WEIGHTS, AND WEIGHING MACHINES. MILL-MAKERS AND MACHINISTS To her Majesty's Honourable Board of Ordnance. No. 8, WEST SMITHFIELD, Removed from No. 1. Catalogues forwarded application.'
1868 Advertisement. Beam Scales, Weights, Measures, Weighing Machines, Steelyards, Chaff-Cutting Machines and other items. Burchfield and Son, 8 West Smithfield.
1869 January. The premises at 8 West Smithfield offered for rent.
Sources of Information
- Public Ledger and Daily Advertiser - Monday 23 August 1819
- Morning Advertiser - Thursday 26 December 1850
- The London Gazette Publication date:26 May 1857 Issue:22005 Page:1863
- London City Press - Saturday 26 October 1861
- London City Press - Saturday 26 December 1868
- Morning Advertiser - Monday 25 January 1869