Camelon Iron Co
Camelon Iron Co Ltd. of Falkirk, Scotland. Telephone: 39. Telegraphic Address: "Camelon, Falkirk"
1845 Founded as Crosswaite, Miller and Co at Lock 16.
1854 the first partnership was dissolved and the works sold to Mr Smith.
1870 Mr Smith opened a new foundry called Kilns Iron works on the south side of the Forth and Clyde Canal at Kilns Place near Lock 9 in Falkirk. This new foundry started off producing pipes but in 1873 the entire plant from the Lock 16 foundry was transferred there too. The company then became known as Camelon Iron Co.
1890 Camelon Iron Co was incorporated in 1890 with the registration number SC002035
1925 Patent - Improvements in cooking ovens.
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. "Cameo" Twin Fire Back-to-back Grate at work. "Imperial Signet" Combination Grate at work. "Signet" Combination Grate, popular model. Mantel Register Grates. Finished in heat-resisting enamel colours, mottled. (Stand Nos. B.909 and B.810) 
In or before 1954, the premises at Kilns Place were closed; Camelon Iron Works was transferred to the Grange Foundry, Stirling Rd, Camelon.
The company was then known as Grange-Camelon Iron Co.
1954 Camelon Iron Co dissolved.
1967 Grange-Camelon Iron Works closed in 1967.
Sources of Information
- 1937 British Industries Fair Page 345