Castle Donington Power Station
Castle Donington, Leicestershire.
See also Castle Donington Substation.
Castle Donington Power Station was a coal-fired power station situated on the River Trent near Castle Donington, Leicestershire, 5 miles (8.0 km) south-east of Derby.
1951 Construction began
1958 The station opened. The station had six 100 megawatt turbo-generators manufactured by Metropolitan-Vickers and boilers by Babcock & Wilcox. Castle Donington was one of the CEGB's twenty steam power stations with the highest thermal efficiency
Following privatisation in 1990, the station was operated by Powergen.
1993 Four of the station's generating units were decommissioned.
1994 the remaining two units were taken out of operation and the station closed.