Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,101 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Cecil George Langford (c1887-1943)
1944 Obituary 
CECIL GEORGE LANGFORD was associated with gas engineering during the whole of his career, and at the time of his death, which occurred in his fifty-sixth year on 6th May 1943, was managing director of Messrs. George Glover and Company, gas plant engineers, Chelsea. He received his technical education at the Sutherland Technical Institute, Longton, Staffs, and served his apprenticeship in the gas and electric undertakings of the same town, from 1903 to 1906. He then became assistant to Mr. F. W. Stevenson, engineer to the Corporation of Coventry, and three years later went to Brazil where he joined the Para Gas Company.
On his return to England in 1915 he received an appointment as manager of a National Filling Factory at Hayes, Middlesex. After holding this position for four years, he was appointed general manager of the Richmond Stove and Meter Company, subsequently joining the board of directors. He thus began a connection which lasted for twenty four years. His association with Messrs. George Glover dated from 1930 with his appointment as general manager, and nine years later he became managing director. In addition he was a director of Messrs. Fletcher, Russell and Company, of Warrington, being responsible for all works organizations and equipment for that firm as well as for the Richmond Gas Stove Company.
Mr. Langford was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1920 and was transferred to Membership in 1941.