Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 149,258 pages of information and 234,234 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Close Power Station was a coal-fired power station situated on Newcastle upon Tyne's Quayside.
1902 The station was built by the Newcastle and District Electric Lighting Co, near their Forth Banks Power Station with capacity of 1000kW using one turbine from C. A. Parsons and Co, driving 2 dynamos.
1907 Expanded to 5000kW.
c.1948 Operation ended