Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,718 pages of information and 232,164 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Commercial Cars Ltd of Biscot Road, Luton, were a producer of commercial vehicles from 1907 to 1976. Until they became part of the Rootes Group in 1927 the company name was Commercial Cars Ltd and the trade name used was Commer
See also -
1905 Company founded as Commercial Cars.  Based at Lavender Hill, London
1906 Factory opened at Biscot Road, Luton, producing trucks.
1910 Showed three vehicles at the Manchester Commercial Motor Show. 
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of Petrol Motor Commercial Vehicles see the 1917 Red Book
1914 Manufacturers of petrol motor vehicles for goods and passengers. 
Raised additional capital. 
From 1922 the company hit a postwar slump and was run by a receiver and manager
1923 The company was put into liquidation
1926 the company was sold to Humber and later the name was changed to Commer Cars.
1928 November. Formation of the Humber Combine by merging Humber and Commer with Hillman. Head of new concern was Lieut-Col. J. A. Cole (MD of Humber), Captain S. Wilkes (Joint MD of Hillman) and Captain J. Black (Joint MD of Hillman). Also on board were S. Brotherhood and Sir Henry McMahon. Rootes who had handled the export sales provide the cash and own 60% of the shares.  
WW2 Produced some 20,000 vehicles. A move from Luton to nearby Dunstable was made.
1953 A two stroke diesel marketed with two horizontally opposed piston in each of the three cylinders.
1961 Manufacturers of commercial vehicles and motor coaches. 
1966 Entered heavier market with a 16ton gvw chassis and cab.
1964 Chrysler bought in to Rootes Group.
1973 Chrysler gain full control of the company.
1976 The name was discontinued.
1979 The company was sold to the Peugeot-Citreon group.