Coombs Wood Tube Works
1860 Land at Coombs Wood was bought by Abraham Barnsley from George William, Lord Lyttelton. The site was on the east bank of the Dudley Canal where a tube works was built.
The Barnsley family later sold the site to Noah Hingley and Sons
Subsequently Howard amalgamated this business with that of Lloyd and Lloyd, of Nile Street, Birmingham.
1898 Samson S. Lloyd was the first chairman of Lloyd and Lloyd when this firm became a Limited Company.
Upon Mr. Samson Lloyd's death, Mr. John Henry Lloyd became chairman, being followed in that position by Mr. Henry Howard. Mr. J. G. Stewart then became chairman of the amalgamated companies of Stewarts and Lloyds and Mr. Henry Howard, deputy chairman.
Sources of Information
- The Times, Mar 17, 1903
- The Engineer 1968/08/23 p279
-  Friends of Coombes Wood Wedge