"Darwins" of Fitzwilliam Works, Sheffield.
1926 Company was founded with a nominal capital of £500,000, consisting of 450,000 8 per cent cumulative participating preference shares and 50,000 ordinary shares of £1 each. One of the main objects of the company was to take over the existing undertaking of Darwin and Milner. 
1937 High grade steel tools. "Cobalt Fastwork" Hacksaw Blades. "Darwin 505" Cobalt Tungsten High Speed Steel. "Vanadia" Hacksaw Blades. "Darwin 18" High speed hacksaw blade.
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
1954 The Darwins Group consisted of:
- Andrews Toledo
- Andrews Toledo (Wire Rod)
- Sheffield Forge and Rolling Mills Co
- Wardsend Steel Co
1957 Private company.
1961 Manufacturers of alloy tool steels, alloy steels, alloy steel castings, magnets, hacksaws, precision tools and precision castings.
Sources of Information
- The Engineer 1926/04/09
- The Times, 23 February 1954
- The Times, Jul 07, 1961
- Mechanical World Year Book 1940. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p123
- Mechanical World Year Book 1945. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p140 & p153
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries