Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,100 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Greengate, Salford.
1846 Advert: 'WE, SAMUEL DAVIDSON DEWHURST and HENRY SAGAR, hereby give notice that we have LET to Mr. WILLIAM WILSON, for a term of 14 years, commencing 29th September, 1846, the DAWSON'S CROFT MILL, in the occupation of Mr. J Harding, together with a new building aojacent thereto: and that the Steam Engine and Boilers, together with the Mill Geering and the Steam Piping in both the buildings, belong to us .... '
1891 Directory: Listed. More details
The 1849 OS map shows Dawson's Croft Mill on the bank of the River Irwell, close to the railway viaduct leading to Victoria Station.