Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,190 pages of information and 233,425 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Westland Row, Dublin
The Dublin and South Eastern Railway (DSE) was originally incorporated by Act of Parliament in 1846 as the Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow and Dublin Railway Company. In 1860 it was renamed the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford Railway Company and on 31 December 1906 it was renamed again as the DSE. Amongst the lines forming the DSE was the Dublin and Kingstown Railway, which was authorised in 1831 and opened in 1834 - the first public railway in Ireland. The Kingstown-Dalkey section was operated by atmospheric traction for a short while. The railway formed part of the Royal Mail route between London and Dublin via the packet station at Kingstown (now Dún Laoghaire). 
1888 See Locomotive Stock June 1888
1908 The line is 139 miles in length, besides 13.5 miles of the New Ross and Waterford extension, 1.25 miles City of Dublin Junction Railways and 6 miles that are leased.