Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,378 pages of information and 233,851 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Donington House, Norfolk Street, Strand, London
1880 The company was registered on December 22nd as the Dudley, Stourbridge and Kingswinford Tramways Co.
1898 The title of the company was changed to the present title.
1904 From January 1st, the Birmingham and Midland Tramways company acquired from the British Electric Traction Co a large number of shares in the Dudley, Stourbridge and District Electric Traction Co, the South Staffordshire Tramways (Lessee) Co, the Wolverhampton District Electric Tramways and the City of Birmingham Tramways Co, giving to the Birmingham and Midland Company control of all these undertakings. Arrangements have been made by the appointment of a joint committee for the various tramways and light railways owned, leased or controlled by these companies to be worked as one undertaking.
1908 The Dudley, Stourbridge and District Electric Traction Co owned 2.5 miles of tramways and light railways in perpetuity, subject to certain rights of purchase on the part of the local authorities.