Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,103 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Egerton Dock, is a dock at Birkenhead, Wirral Peninsula.
Named after Sir Philip de Malpas Grey Egerton who laid the foundation stone in October 1844, the dock was completed in 1847. This was just prior to a suspension of the dock scheme, due to a financial crisis affecting the Birkenhead Dock Co
The dock was originally accessible to shipping from the Great Float and via the Morpeth Dock entrance from the River Mersey. Both these passages have since been filled in, making both docks effectively landlocked.