Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,103 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1919 Siemens retained the lamp manufacturing activity as Caxton Electric Developments
1921 English Electric and Siemens Supplies Ltd was formed as a 50:50 joint venture between English Electric Co and Siemens Brothers and Co to reduce cost of sellings its smaller products. It took over the sales activities of English Electric Co (presumably English Electric Supplies) and some of those activities of Siemens.
1923 The principal shareholders transferred their lamp manufacturing plant at Dalston and Preston to the company which would henceforth manage these facilities. Name changed to Siemens and English Electric Lamp Co Ltd, with registered office at Caxton House, Westminster. Products included lamps, wires, fuses, wireless apparatus, telephones and instruments.
By 1927, presumably had changed its name (and ownership??) to Siemens Electric Lamps and Supplies Ltd