Ewart Gordon Davis
Ewart Gordon Davis (1886-1950)
1951 Obituary 
EWART GORDON DAVIS, whose death occurred in his sixty-fourth year on 9th August 1950, was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1926 and was transferred to Membership in 1934.
He received his technical education at the Battersea Polytechnic and served his apprenticeship with Messrs. Masson Scott and Company, Ltd., Fulham, from 1901 to 1906, in whose employment he continued as leading draughtsman for a further three years.
After a brief engagement as chief of the inspection department of Messrs. Clement Talbot Motors, Ltd., he secured an appointment as general foreman to Messrs. G. Beaton and Son, London, engineers, and subsequently was made works manager.
He next filled positions as machine shop superintendent for the Rotax Motor Accessory Company, Ltd., secretary and general manager to the Fountayne Lamp and Engineering Company, Ltd., and works manager to the Millwall Engineering Company, Ltd.
In 1923 Mr. Davis became the proprietor of the Dominion Engineering Co at Ealing, and continued to direct the business in all its departments up to the time of his death, he being personally responsible for the design and manufacture of special machinery and equipment for various industries.