Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,369 pages of information and 233,846 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Ferrybridge B Power Station

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search

Ferrybridge B Power Station (1957-1992)

Constructed in the 1950s for the CEGB. It generated electricity using three 100 megawatt (MW) generating sets, which were commissioned between 1957 and 1959. The station originally had a total generating capacity of 300 MW, but by the 1990s this was recorded as 285 MW. After the UK's electric supply industry was privatised in 1990, the station was operated by PowerGen.

1992 The station closed and has since been completely demolished.

In 2006 Lafarge began construction of a plasterboard factory adjacent to the Ferrybridge C Power Station on the site of the former Ferrybridge B station to use the Calcium Sulphate (Gypsum) produced by flue gas desulphurisation plant (FGD).

See also

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information