1950 A new plant to make styrene monomer was built by a new company, Forth Chemicals Ltd, which was owned two-thirds by Anglo Iranian Oil and one third by Monsanto Chemicals Ltd - this was part of a plan to make derivatives from the petrochemicals made by the main plant at Grangemouth.
1956 British Petroleum Chemicals Ltd was renamed British Hydrocarbon Chemicals. It had 2 subsidiaries - Forth Chemicals and Grange Chemicals. Expansion at Grangemouth was progressing well; new butadiene plant was nearly complete.
Sources of Information
- The Times, 16 September 1950
- The Times, 23 August 1956