Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,124 pages of information and 233,665 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The Agenoria was built for the Earl of Dudley's Colliery Railway at Shutt End, and had undergone certain modifications from its original condition. These consist chiefly of a new inside sandwich frame, new cast iron wheels with ordinary spokes, and balance weights provided for the rear driving wheels. The Agenoria worked from June, 1829, for about thirty years and was kept at South Kensington Museum in 1925.
It had vertical cylinders of 7.5ins diamerer and a 3ft stroke. The boiler was 4ft 1.5ins in diameter and 10ft 6ins in length.
The engine was used on the Shutt End Railway
This engine was preserved in the London Science Museum and then moved to the National Railway Museum