Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,101 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Frank Edmund Stanley ( -1941) of the National Electric Construction Co
1941 Obituary 
FRANK EDMUND STANLEY received his electrical training at the Northampton Institute and his practical training with Messrs. Frost and Co.
His first appointment was in 1892 as Chief Assistant in the firm of Messrs. Nicholson and Tyler, where he was engaged on ship lighting, power transmission and country-house plants.
In 1897 he was appointed assistant engineer on the staff of the National Electric Construction Co. and superintended the installation of the plant and transmission line at Wantage. In the following year he was appointed Manager of the company's branch office at the Crystal Palace. In 1900 he became Chief Assistant Engineer, in 1903 Superintending Engineer and in 1907 Chief Engineer to the company. In these capacities he was responsible for the construction of generating stations and the laying of cables for the electricity undertakings at Carnarvon, Bo'ness, Musselburgh, Rawmarsh and Swinton, Wisbech and Boston, and for the distribution networks of the Colne Valley Electric Supply Co. at Pinner, Rickmansworth and Chorley Wood, and of the Northwood Electric Light and Power Co. and the Lothians Electric Power Co.
He was also engineer for the construction of the following electric tramways: Musselburgh to Port Seton; Mexborough and Swinton; Rhondda Valley; Torquay; Dewsbury, Ossett and Soothill Nether. At a later date the Mexborough and Swinton tramways were converted to the trackless trolley system and motor omnibus transport was substituted for the other tramways.
His connection with the National Electric Construction Co. extended altogether over 43 years. In 1927 he was elected a director of the company and at the time of his death, which took place on the 9th July, 1940, at the age of 66, he was also Managing Director of a number of associated companies, including the Musselburgh and District Electric Light and Traction Co., the Boston and District Electric Supply Co., the Colne Valley Electric Supply Co., the Lothians Electric Power Co., the Northwood Electric Light and Power Co., and the Western Welsh Omnibus Co.
He joined The Institution in 1905 as an Associate Member and was transferred to full membership in 1910.