Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,112 pages of information and 233,645 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1868 Married in Andover to Elizabeth Tasker. 'At the Congregational chapel Andover, on the 2d Inst. Frederick Henry Harrison, Lincoln, to Elizabeth third daughter of Mr. Wm Tasker, of the Waterloo Iron Works, Andover, Hants.'
1910 Obituary 
FREDERICK HENRY HARRISON was born at Boston, Lincolnshire, on 4th December 1836.
On leaving school he entered the office of a Boston solicitor, but some time afterwards went to the office of the late Mr. Swan, then Chapter Clerk of Lincoln Cathedral, with whom he remained several years.
Other interests claiming him, he built a cotton mill at Carlton, near Nottingham, with the intention of going into the cotton doubling business, but received an offer for the premises and sold the business.
Then, in 1874, he took over the premises in St. Mark's Lane, Lincoln, from Mr. John Tye, millwright, and started the Lincoln Malleable Iron and Steel Alloy Works. Commencing as quite a small business, employing only a few hands, it grew under his enterprising management into one of the most important industries of Lincoln.
At the beginning the late Mr. Henry Teague and Mr. Birch were in partnership with him; but that was soon dissolved, and he carried on the business by himself until December 1904, when it was turned into a company, with Mr. Harrison as chairman.
At the same time the works at Hykeham, which had, prior to that date, been carried on independently of the St. Mark's Lane Works, were amalgamated, and the whole has been continued as one business.
He took an active part in many phases of the public life of the city, and was a Volunteer for several years, remaining keenly watchful of the Volunteer movement throughout his life. In 1891 he was appointed a Justice of the Peace for the City of Lincoln. All philanthropic objects had his sympathy and assistance, and the Hykeham Institute, connected with his works, was the outcome of his instrumentality.
His death took place at his residence in Lincoln after a long illness, on 22nd September 1910, in his seventy-fourth year.
He became a Member of this Institution in 1885, at the time of the Lincoln Summer Meeting.