Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,951 pages of information and 233,606 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1925 Opening of the extension to the existing power station consisting of 2x6000kW turbo-generators; Vickers were main contractors
1936 Second power station commmissioned. The main turbine-alternators were supplied by Metropolitan-Vickers. The plant included a 12.5 kVA Brush-Ljungstrom house service turbine-alternator. Boilers by the Stirling Boiler Co. Mather and Platt boiler feed pumps. Air compressors by J. Browett-Lindley (1931) Ltd.
c. 1940/42 Fulham power station produced war equipment on its machine tools outside maintenance periods. Employees of Borough of Fulham Electricity Department were assisted by women taken on and trained for the work.