G. E. Wallis and Sons
G. E. Wallis and Sons of Broadmead Works, Maidstone, Kent; and of 231 Strand, London, WC2; Newport (Wales); Truro; and Glasgow.
1859 Company established by G. E. Wallis and James Clements as Wallis and Clements.
1890 James Clements retired and the title of the company changed to G. E. Wallis and Sons.
1904 Incorporated as a limited company.
1914 Builders and contractors. Specialities: steam joinery and masonry, artificial stone manufacture, Hennebique system of ferro-concrete. Employees 1,200. 
1937 Builders. 
1950s Under the name Broadmead Products, the company produced concrete building components. The firm were well know for building churches and worked in many government buildings. They were also employed in restoring a part of Kensington Palace including Queen Victoria’s bedroom.