Note: this is a sub-section of GKN
GKN Fasteners of Woden Road, West Lings Hill, Wednesbury, West Midlands, WS10 7TT.
1975 GKN formed a new sub-group of the company, chaired by Oscar Hahn, called GKN Fasteners. This brought together GKN's European manufacturing units involved in fasteners, builders hardware and allied products
1977 Retailers and Distributors included:
- Allscrews Ltd.
- G. Bechtel Ltd.
- J. Beardshaw and Co Ltd. of Sheffield
- Joseph Beardshaw and Co.
- R. H. Bruce and Co Ltd.
- Buchanan and Wilson (London) Ltd.
- Graham Builders Merchants (North) Ltd.
- Harrison and Clough Ltd.
- J. Heaton (Fastenings Ltd.
- Humber Stores Contractors Ltd.
- Isaac Lord Ltd.
- Jaton Ltd.
- Jaton Ltd..
- L. Le Personne and Co Ltd.
- Lukes of Sale.
- McArthur Steel and Metal Ltd.
- W. M. Owlett (Western) Ltd.
- W. M. Owlett and Sons Ltd.
- D. W. Page Ltd.
- Q. B. M. Distributors Ltd.
- Ryland Ltd.
- Charles Stringer's Sons and Co Ltd.
- Till and Whitehead Ltd.
- Walford Manufacturing Co Ltd.
- Williams Brothers of Sheffield.
- John Williams Steel Service Ltd.
- DIY Fasteners Handbook by GKN published March 1977 digitally available in SMCL.
Sources of Information
- The Times February 19, 1975
- The Times, December 3, 1982