Great Brickhill Waterworks
at Fenny Stratford
The first production Hornsby-Akroyd engine, No 101, was installed, together with No 102, at the Great Brickhill Waterworks, at Fenny Stratford. It left the factory of Richard Hornsby and Sons May 1892.
The two engines worked regularly until 1923, when No 101 was purchased by Mr Evans, a Bletchley timber merchant.
In 1939 it was returned to Hornsbys, who restored it and preserved it as a museum piece. It was kept in the entrance to the Research & Development Department of Ruston-Paxman Diesels, at Lincoln.