of Winton, Stoke, and Elgin Potteries, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Telephone: Hanley 4141. Cables: "Grimwades Stoke". (1929)
of Royal Winton Potteries, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. (1947)
- 1885 The firm began as Grimwade Brothers by Leonard Lumsden Grimwade in Stoke on Trent.
- 1900 It became Grimwades Ltd when Leonard's brother Sydney Richard Grimwade joined the firm and they acquired the Winton Porcelain factory.
- Leonard Grimwade developed two processes essential to the firms prosperity: 1 - a duplex lithographic transfer which enabled them to increase the speed and efficiency of china production; 2 - the Climax Kiln which ran continuously. China was moved in and out on wheeled carts (as opposed to traditional kilns which had to be stacked, heated, cooled and finally unloaded.
- Manufacturer of Earthenware, Majolica and Jet. Grimwades at Winton, Upper Hanley and Elgin Potteries Stoke. (1900+)
- Previously: Grimwade Bros at Winton Pottery, Hanley and Stoke (1886-1900).
- 1900 Took over J Plant.
- 1908 Took over Heron Cross Pottery.
- 1928 The first Royal Winton pattern was introduced. The most famous were the chintz designs.
- 1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Dinner, Tea, and Breakfast Ware, Toilet and Trinkets, Hospital Ware, Perfection Hygienic ware for Kitchen, Fancy Table ware, Sandwich and Fruit Sets, Teapots, Jugs, Bowls, Vases, etc. Atlas China ware. (Stand No. G.35) 
- 1930 The company officially changed its name to Royal Winton.
- 1947 Advert in British Industries Fair Catalogue as Exhibiting Member of the British Pottery Manufacturers' Federation of Federation House, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Composite Exhibit. (Pottery and Glassware Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1233) 
- 1960s The firm was bought by Henry Potter Ltd in the early sixties and all the old Chintz designs discontinued.
- 1995 The firm then changed hands again, when Spencer Hammer and Associates arranged a takeover, and returned to the old Grimwades Limited name (although they continued to use the Royal Winton name, and reintroduced a number of Chintz designs)