Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,459 pages of information and 233,880 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Bruton Street, New Bond Street, London, W
1848 Company established as C. F. Hancock
1870 The founder, C.F. Hancock, retired; the firm's name changed to Hancocks and Co. Charles Frederick Hancock junior (son of C.F. Hancock) entered into the partnership (1870-1876).
1885 Gold medal for invention in respect of general excellence of jewellery and precious stones
1883 Mortimer Hancock retired
1885 Horatio Stewart retired.
1895 Henry John Dore died and was replaced by his widow Louisa Mary Dore (1895-1904) and his sons Henry Hancock Dore (1898-1914) and Alfred George Dore (1899-1914).
1914 Jewellers and silversmiths. Specialities: diamonds, emeralds, rubies and pearls. 
1917 The firm moved to 25 Sackville Street
1936 Converted to a limited liability company under the style Hancocks & Co (Jewellers) Ltd.
1992 The firm was acquired by Stephen and Janie Burton. It is still active in Burlington Arcade as dealers in rare and collectible jewels.