Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,143 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Harold John Lintott (1872-1958) of H. and E. Lintott
1872 Born in Horsham the son of William Lintott, Wholesale Provisions Merchant, and his wife Mary Ann.
1939 Engineer, Managing Director, H & E Lintott, lived in Horsham with Mabel Lintott
MR. HAROLD JOHN LINTOTT, who owned and managed the Horsham engineering works, H. & E. Lintott Ltd., with his brother Mr. Ernest Lintott for over 50 years, died at his home in Cheltenham on Saturday two days after his 86th birthday.
Mr. Lintott was the last son of Mr. W. H. R. Lintott, a former J.P. and chairman of Horsham Urban Council. who established Lintott's engineering works and the wholesale grocery business in Horsham. The family has been connected with Horsham for nearly 400 years.
Born in 1874. Mr. Linton was educated at Lancing College and qualified as an engineer at the Crystal Palace School of Engineering. On his return to Horsham he and his brother ran the engineering works now in Foundry lane, Horsham.
He married Miss Mabel Macdona in 1899. Before his marriage he joined the Crawley and Horsham Hunt with which he hunted regularly until the beginning of the second world war. He travelled frequently to Ireland and Scotland for fishing holidays.
On his retirement from the engineering works, which then became part of Ayling Industries. Mr. Lintott moved from Fivens, Pondtail-road, Horsham, which he had built some years before, first to Ockley and then to Prestbury, Cheltenham, where his son. Mr. Norman Lintott, practises as as a solicitor. His wife, who had been chairman of Horsham Women's Conservative Association and held posts on many local committees, died on October 14 last year.