Hay Gordon and Company, chemical manufacturers of Widnes
- 1881 Mr J. R. Hay Gordon, chemical manufacturer of Widnes, was a subscriber (one share) in the new Liverpool Pure Ice Company Ltd.
- 1888 The company hosted a visit by a group of chemical science students who were shown processes for manufacture of sulphuric acid, saltcake, hydrochloric acid and bleaching powder.
- 1891 Incorporated in the United Alkali Co along with other companies that used the Leblanc process.
- 1892 The works had been closed.
Sources of Information
- ↑ Liverpool Mercury, 24 January 1881
- ↑ Liverpool Mercury, 16 May 1888
- ↑ Liverpool Mercury, 5 January 1892