Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,161 pages of information and 233,682 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Henry Harold Perry (c1871-1941)
1941 Obituary 
HENRY HAROLD PERRY died in April, 1941, in his 70th year.
After starting in general engineering shops, he took in 1890 the electrical course at Faraday House. He then joined the Chelsea Electricity Supply Co., working on the design and construction of one of the company's generating stations.
On the completion of this he was appointed Chief Assistant to the Engineer and Manager, leaving in 1903 to join the Brush Co., who had just secured the contract for the construction of a power house at Brimsdown for the North Metropolitan Electric Power Supply Co. Mr. Perry was put in charge of the work, first at Belvedere Road and afterwards on the site at Brimsdown.
Subsequently he was offered by the Power Company, and accepted, the position of Resident Engineer and Superintendent at Brimsdown, which post he held for about 13 years.
In 1896 he patented an emery grinder for trueing commutators.
He was a good organizer and engineer, ready at all times to try out and suggest improvements for reducing the running costs. Whilst being on very good terms with his staff, he also was able at the same time to maintain discipline. In 1918 there was a re-arrangement of the staff and he resigned. For some years afterwards he was associated with various undertakings connected with condensers and water softeners. Latterly he retired from business.
He was elected a Student of The Institution in 1891, an Associate in 1893, an Associate Member in 1899 and a Member in 1907.