Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,101 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Henry Herbert Parkes Seabrook (1868-1937) of Seabrook Brothers
1837 May 1st. Died.
We regret to record the death, which occurred suddenly on Saturday at his residence, Butlers, Broomtield, of Mr. Henry Herbert Parks Seabrook. Seabook, who was took a keen and active interest in Church and village activities at Broomfield and was highly esteemed. He had been churchwarden at Broomfield for 25 years, and during that time he was instrumental getting the Church bells re-hung and the Church tower repaired. He was a great supporter of the Broomfield Flower Show having served as President. He was also President of the Broomfield Men's Social Club.
By profession, Mr. Seabrook was a motor car manufacture and he retired from this business in 1923. On his retirement he became interested in dairy farming, and established a model dairy farm at Butlers. He was one of the pioneers of the production of clean milk in Essex, and his herds and premises were awarded many prizes Mr, one time lived at Mill House Broomfield and from 1914 to 1918 resided at Hatfield Peverel.
When his mother died 1918 he came to Butlers, which has been the residence of the Seabrook family for over a hundred years. Upon leaving Hatfield Peverel, Mr, and Mrs. Seabrook were the recipients of a handsome testimonial expressing “keen appreciation of their patriotic enterprise and energy, their unfailing activity in all good works, their help and sympathetic co-operation in Church and Parochial affairs which had consistently marked their residence in the parish."
Mr. Seabrook who was twice married, leaves widow and three sons Mr. Arthur Seabrook, Mr. Willoughby Seabrook, and Mr Alastair Seabrook, and one daughter. Miss Elizabeth Seabrook. The funeral of Mr. Seabrook took place on Wednesday at Broomfield a largely-attended service in the Church of St. Mary preceding the interment in the churchyard.