Rosewarne and Herland United Mine (Old Herland Mine; incl. Drannack Mine; Bowling Green Mine; Prince George Mine; Manor Mine; North Herland Mine), Copperhouse, Gwinear, St Erth - Gwithian Area, Cornwall.
The mines are known to be very old with the first recorded working appears to have been around 1717. And again from 1726, and continued to be developed until 1762. Hamilton Jenkins records that there were further small sales of ore to 1778.
In the 1726 working the mine was rich enough to have a 70 inch Newcombe pumping engine. And was developed to a depth of 120 fathoms.
In 1790 the group of mines where again being worked
By 1800 about 2000 tons of copper ore was produced per year.
The mines reopened for only a year in 1815.
In 1824 the mine was worked in a more determined way, but it was a finacial disaster with a loss of about 75,000 UK pounds.
Although the machinery was sold up in 1838, the mine continued to be picked over until 1843.
In about 1854 the group was yet again at work under the name of Rosewarne and Herland United until 1874.
UK OS Grid Reference: SW591370
Map Reference: 50°10'59"N , 5°22'29"W
Sources of Information
- Richard Trevithick by H. W. Dickinson and Arthur Titley. Published 1934
-  Mindat