Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,485 pages of information and 233,924 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Holland House Manufacturing Co

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search

of 9 Holland Place, Glasgow (1899)

of Scotland Street, Glasgow (2019)

"The Holland House Electrical Co Ltd was formed in 1889 although the only records surviving date from 1906. Little is known of the company prior to the latter date as it suffered numerous financial crises and was forced into liquidation at least once. However, it is known that the company was originally located in Holland Place in Glasgow, subsequently moving premises three times to reach its present location in Scotland Street. The company trades in the manufacture and supply of electrical equipment, originally specializing in brass and light fittings for both commercial and domestic consumers."[1]

1890s Constructed equipment for the new power stations being built in Glasgow at Port Dundas and St. Andrew's Cross.

1898 James McFarlane, works manager, and Holland House Manufacturing Co. patented "improvements in electric switches and fuses".

1906 Holland House Electrical Co was incorporated as a private company to acquire the Holland House Electrical Manufacturing Co., the business of Harold Watson.

2019 Holland House Electrical Co was still trading as a private company under the control of members of the Dunnet family


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. [1] National Register of Archives of Scotland
  • Companies House filing