Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,153 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Howard Clark Head ( -1923)
1923 Obituary 
HOWARD CLARK HEAD after being educated at the Philological School, Marylebone, was apprenticed to Messrs. Watson and Sons, manufacturers of scientific instruments. He organized the X-ray and electromedical department of that firm and opened workshops for the manufacture of induction coils, switchgear and wireless apparatus.
He then took up a position with Messrs. Siemens Bros, and Co., where he started their. X-ray and electromedical department. While with this firm he introduced the high-tension transformer plants which superseded the induction coil, and was concerned in the manufacture of single-flash transformers, electro-cardiographs and continuous temperature recorders.
From 1914 to 1919 he devoted his whole attention to designing and manufacturing apparatus for war purposes, amongst other things being mobile X-ray wagon units.
He later joined the board of Messrs. Watson and Sons (Electro-Medical), Ltd., a company into which the X-ray department of Messrs. Watson and Sons had developed.
He died at King's College Hospital on the 7th February, 1923, having been in indifferent health for several years.
He was elected a Member of the Institution in 1921.