Howe Machine Co
of Bridgeton, Glasgow.
Originally an American company which developed and produced sewing machines.
1860s Opened retail department in London
1872 Opened Bridgeton factory
1880s Started production of cycles
1882 Howe Sewing Machine Co. listed as a Bicycle Maker. 58 High Street, Chatham (branch). 
Sources of Information
- Kelly's Directory of Kent, 1882
- The Leeds Mercury (Leeds, England), Wednesday, November 23, 1892
- Biography of Selwyn Edge ODNB by David Thoms 
- Cycle and Motor Cycle Trader - March 22nd 1935 and December 6th 1940
- Howe Machine Company by David and Lin Best