Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 149,270 pages of information and 234,239 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Much Park Street, Coventry
Formerly Hubbard Brothers
Connected with the Whitley Motor and Engineering Co
1903 November. 'Hubbard's Motor and Engineering Co has been registered with a capital of £1,000, in £1 shares, to acquire the business of manufacturers of and dealers in motor engines, carburettors, silencers, cycle and motor parts and accessories, etc, carried on at Much Park Street Coventry by C. Hubbard as Hubbard Brothers, and to carry on the same and any kindred business. The subscribers are: W. H. Evans, H. Gandy, J. Pettefer, H. Ball, C. Hubbard. Mrs. F. A. Hubbard, and Mrs. R. Ball. No initial public issue '
The machine was a forecar fitted with an inclined 4.5hp water-cooled engine, separate two-speed gearbox and flat-belt drives. There was the option of chain drive and also, for trade use, a carrier basket that went in place of the usual passenger seat.
1906-1910 Cars made in Coventry